The neck lift is the solution to the annoying “turkey neck” that corresponds to sagging skin and muscles in the neck and just like the double chin (excess fat) is the most disturbing change that can lead to opting for this surgical procedure.
This area has been somewhat ignored by surgeons, due to the increased difficulty of the procedure, the long duration of the surgery, and the need for intensive postgraduate training. However, it is a surgery with a high rate of gratification, both for the patient and for the surgeon, and one of the main choices of plastic surgeons at our clinics, whether from Dr. Tiago Baptista Fernandes, as well as Dr. David Rasteiro or Dr. Eduardo Matos. Plastic surgeons explain the entire procedure in consultation and can show clinical cases with before and after neck lift photos.
Why the importance of a Neck Lift?
- The neck is a particular area and there are no other non-surgical techniques available to improve this area with the exception of cryolipolysis;
- Peels cannot be done on the neck
- Cervical botulinum toxin is very ineffective;
- Fillers and other treatments that greatly improve the face do not work on the neck;
- Lasers only improve blemishes and skin quality, not sagging.
What are the possible characteristics of neck aging?
- Muscle flaccidity (Platysma);
- Excess skin;
- excess fat;
- Erasure of the jaw line;
- Drop and excess volume of the submaxillary gland.
What does a Neck Lift consist of?
- Platysma Repositioning – muscle layer located under the skin of the neck (similar to the tightening of muscles in abdominoplasty);
- Removal of excess fat from the neck and under the chin;
- Readjustment of the skin, after the deep structures have been corrected;
- Excision of excess skin;
- Reduction in the size of the submaxillary glands and suspension thereof;
- Repositioning of the digastric muscles, allows the neck to rise and make it more defined.
Depending on the quality of the skin, and the aging of the neck, it is possible to perform this surgery only through a small incision under the chin or the typical scar around the ear necessary, in case there is too much sagging of the skin.
A neck lift is a surgical procedure that takes 1.5 to 2 hours and is performed under local anesthesia with sedation.
It is an inpatient Hospital procedure for up to 1 day
12-day recovery period.
Final results are obtained after 3 months.
The following restriction should be considered for the neck lift:
3 to 5 weeks of restricted physical activity
7 days of air and road travel as well as driving
1 month of no sun exposure
Average cost of Procedure in Portugal
- Neck LiftUpon request