Breast augmentation or augmentation mammoplasty, as it is scientifically known, is a procedure that women have resorted to for more than 5 decades. The motivations are the most varied, from women in whom the breast has not developed enough, in which the size has decreased after pregnancy and breastfeeding, after large weight changes, or simply due to aging of the mammary gland. Whatever the case, breast augmentation not only contributes to improving the physical appearance but also to improving self-esteem, which in most cases, is the supreme reason for a woman to undergo an augmentation mammoplasty.
A flexible implant is introduced through a small incision that will boost the mammary gland, increasing its volume. The implant is completely imperceptible and will be located behind the pectoral muscle or gland and in this way, the patient can continue to be able to breastfeed and prevent breast cancer.
At all stages, including the first consultation, there is a photographic record of the body using the most advanced imaging equipment. For augmentation mammoplasty, Canfield’s Vectra XT 3D is used, which allows a 3D simulation of the final result according to the type of prosthesis and size chosen.
We also count on the new generation of B-Lite prostheses for augmentation mammoplasty, 30% lighter than traditional implants and a more comfortable recovery according to the studies carried out.
- Less pressure on tissues
- Smallest drop over the years
- Greater comfort with faster postoperative recovery
- Easier observation of breast tissues in radiological control due to the composition of the prosthesis material being more transparent than traditional silicone.
- Women who have had a mastectomy for cancer or for prophylaxis
- active youth
- Women with sagging breast tissue
- Implant replacement surgeries
Breast augmentation price?
Augmentation mammoplasty prices vary depending on several factors. The most decisive is the type of prosthesis and the location of the prosthesis in relation to the muscle. To find out the value indicated for your case, fill in the contact form and we will call to schedule a free evaluation with the nurse or consultation with the plastic surgeon.
Augmentation mammoplasty is a surgical procedure lasting 1 hour and is performed under local anesthesia with sedation.
It is a 1-day inpatient Hospitalization or outpatient procedure.
1-week post-surgery recovery
Final results are obtained after 1 month.
The following restrictions should be considered after breast augmentation:
- 10 days of restricted physical activity
- 4 to 7 days of no air travel
- 4 to 6 days of no driving
- 1 week of no sexual activity
- 3 to 4 weeks of no sun exposure
Average cost of Procedure in Portugal
- Breast Augmentation2,200 - 4,500 €